The video below walks through the process of adding others’ calendars so that you can view them through Google Calendar. This is useful for those who are scheduling meetings, as it will allow you to see availability for other staff members. At the end of the video, it also shows you the basic process for sharing your calendar publicly or with somebody outside the district. Step-by-step instructions are written below the video.
Step-by-Step Instructions to Add a Calendar
- Log in to your ICCSD Google Calendar at opens in a new windowhttp://calendar.google.com
- On the left side of the page, expand the “Other Calendars” menu by clicking on “Other Calendars”
- A box should appear that says “Add a coworker’s calendar”; type the name of the staff member for whom you’d like to add a calendar into this box.
- A list of matching names should appear; select the name you want
- The calendar should be automatically added to yours (in a different color) and turned on.
- Click the name of the calendar on the left (under “My Calendars”) to turn the calendar on/off within your calendar view.
Step-by-Step Instructions to Share a Calendar
By default, calendars are shared with other ICCSD staff. To share a calendar outside of the ICCSD staff domain, complete the following steps:
- Roll your mouse over the name of the calendar (under “My Calendars” that you’d like to share
- Click the drop-down arrow that appears to the right of the calendar
- Click “Share this Calendar”
- You can check the box to “Make this calendar public” to make this calendar viewable by anybody on the internet. This is useful if you’re embedding a calendar in a website.
- Enter the email address(es) of the individual(s) with whom you’d like to share your calendar, and then click “Add Person” to send them a link to view your calendar. You can choose whether they can see all event details, or just free/busy information.
- Click “Save”