Those of you who have been used to Microsoft Outlook may miss the ability to preview emails without having to fully open them. This short video shows a simple process (~ 1 minute to complete) to add a preview pane to your Gmail web interface. For step-by-step instructions, look below the video.
- Sign in to your ICCSD Gmail account at opens in a new windowhttp://mail.google.com
- Click the settings gear button above and to the right of your message list, and then choose “Settings”
- At the top of the settings window, click the “Labs” link
- Scroll down to “Preview Pane”, and click “Enable”
- Scroll to the top of the Labs window and click “Save Changes”
- You will be taken back to your inbox. There will be a new button above and to the right of the inbox (see picture below) that you can click to toggle between preview pane settings (no split, vertical split, and horizontal split).