NOTE: for those of you who might correctly point out that passwords are visible in this video, they were generic passwords that were immediately changed.
- Download the Canvas Parent app (available on iOS and Android)
- Launch Canvas Parent
- Tap “Create Account”
- Enter your name, an email address (does not have to match PowerSchool), and enter and confirm a password for your Canvas Parent account
- Click “Create Account”
- You should get a screen that says “There are no students associated with your account. Click “Add Student” to add a student to your account.
- Begin typing “Iowa City” in the search box to find your student’s school or district; once it appears, tap “Iowa City Community Schools”
- At the next screen, you will need to enter your student’s ICCSD Google email address as the username and click “Next”. This should be the first two letters of your student’s first name, the first three of their last name, and their two-digit graduation year followed by @icstudents.org. EXAMPLE: AdKur21@icstudents.org
- Enter your student’s password. You will need to get this from them, or ask them to enter their password for you. After the password is entered, click “Sign in”.
- IMPORTANT: ICCSD staff do not have access to student passwords, and students are instructed not to share passwords with district staff or other students.
- Once you’ve signed in, your student’s courses should appear in the list. You can tap a course for more information, or access the “Week” and “Alerts” section to learning about upcoming assignments or get status alerts.
- If you need to add additional students, tap the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen, and then tap the + icon in the top right corner to add additional students.
- After tapping the + icon, repeat steps 7-9.