As I’m preparing to assist with Google-focused professional development for staff here at the ESC, I wanted to share more broadly some tips and tricks for working more efficiently and effectively within the Google G-Suite, including Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, Calendar, and other apps. Some of the resources below are mine and some are from elsewhere; I hope that some of these tips are helpful to you!
Gmail Tips and Tricks
- Take a look at this great doc from the Digital Learning team at Grant Wood AEA, which includes information about Google Labs, useful settings you might want to check out, Gmail search tips, Gmail organization, and creation of contact groups.
- Also, check out some of my blog posts covering:
Google Calendar Tips and Tricks
Google recently updated the Calendar interface, which should be available now to any ICCSD user who opts into using the new look. Google has a detailed blog post here that introduces the new user interface and shares new calendar features. You can enable the new look by clicking the “Use new Calendar” button at the top right of your calendar.
Among the new Calendar features are:
- Ability to add rich formatting (fonts, sizes, colors) and hyperlinks to calendar invites
- Meeting room booking/details, which we’ll be working to implement for our meeting spaces
- Ability to manage multiple calendars in separate columns in “Day” view
Also, check out these blog posts to learn more about Google Calendar:
- How to create events and meeting invites
- How to view others’ calendars within Google Calendar
- Adding ICCSD meeting room calendars within Google Calendar
- and much more at the G-Suite Calendar Learning Center
Google Drive Tips and Tricks
More Google Drive tips will be forthcoming, but for now, check out Google’s Drive Learning Center for tips on how to most effectively use Google Drive.
Other G-Suite Products
Check out these resources to learn more about: