While the district is able to provide home internet access* for students in our secondary schools who do not have home internet, we sometimes get inquiries from elementary families about options for affordable home internet.
One option that I’d like to share is Mediacom’s Connect2Compete program, which offers 10Mb internet service to families who qualify for $9.95 per month.
In order to qualify, the home must:
- be in a Mediacom-serviced area
- have at least one K-12 student living at home
- have at least one child who qualifies for free or reduced price lunch through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- not be a current Mediacom internet subscriber, and must not have been a Mediacom internet subscriber for 90 days prior
- NOTE: you can subscribe to this program even if you’re a current Mediacom TV and/or phone subscriber
- not have an outstanding Mediacom bill or unreturned equipment
You can see if you’re eligible and apply for service here: http://www.mediacomc2c.com/apply.aspx
* – home internet access at the secondary levels is limited by availability of grant-provided cellular hotspots in our high school buildings, and of district-funded hotspots in our junior high buildings. Please check with the librarian in your child’s school regarding availability.