Thanks to Chelsea Sims, Teacher Librarian at South East Junior High, for passing along these resources (below) for teachers who are looking for some Google-related training opportunities.
As more teachers are thinking about going 1:1, many have identified the need for some Google Training. The IDS Innovation team has gathered a few options together for interested teachers. I shared this list with the Teacher Librarians at the High Schools and Junior Highs to pass along to their staff, but wanted to share it with you as well.
- AEA PD Online offers tons of courses for recertification and graduate credit on integrating technology into your classroom. (Choose Technology Integration from the first drop down menu)
- Grant Wood AEA offers courses in Technology Integration as well, including courses specific to Google Apps.
- Set up your own learning plan on Atomic Learning, a tech training website provided by the AEA. Login with AEA credentials (3141xxxx).
- Also available are self-paced options created by members of the IDS Innovation.
- Install the GSuite Training Google Extension – then just click whenever you are using a Google tool to provide you with a variety of tutorials.
- Looking for a specific solution RIGHT NOW?? Try opens in a new windowYouTube!
Self-paced courses specific to a 1:1 classroom environment:
- Brief Overview of a 1:1 Classroom (11 minutes)
- Classroom Management in 1:1 Environment (1 hour 3 minutes)
- Going 1:1 – Now What? (33 minutes)
- Time management and Distractions (43 minutes)